When it comes to getting health insurance, you’ll need to be well prepared to know what to ask for and how your situation affects your benefits. Visit a Central Lakes Insurance Brokers agent in Edina, MN with a list of questions about what you may want to know about to help us make the right decisions for your insurance plan.
Important Questions to Ask
Some of the more crucial questions you should ask your insurance agent about health insurance include:
- What will my co-pays be (amounts to go to the doctor, urgent care, get prescriptions, etc.)?
- What will it cost for other types of care (such as x-rays or various tests)? (co-insurance)
- How much will I have to pay monthly? (premium)
- How much will I have to pay throughout the year before I see benefits to my plan? (deductible)
You’ll also want to ask yourself if the bottom line for said health insurance plan fits within your budget. It may be steep, but if you can see an overall benefit with setting up this health insurance policy, you should go for it.
Prepare for Every Instance
You should think carefully about what the worst-case scenario might be with your health (and anyone who will be under your policy). Ask the agent how much you’d have to pay out-of-pocket with the plan in question if you’re involved in more accidents or require more treatment over the next year. When you have the answer, consider if you’d be able to pay that amount if you had to pay it.
Considerations for Comfort
If you have a doctor in place who you would like to keep going to, find out if the plan will allow for that. If it isn’t covered to go to your particular doctor, find out how much it would cost. If the plan is otherwise great, consider if you’d switch doctors to make it more affordable and easier on your health insurance plan.
In addition, it’s a good idea to ask if your current prescriptions are covered, and at what point you’d have to pay out-of-pocket for them. Determine if you’ll need to change pharmacies and if that will be convenient for you.
A reputable insurance agent like Central Lakes Insurance Brokers of the Edina, MN area can help you sort through your concerns about health insurance benefits. Reach out via phone or email today.
Health insurance may seem too expensive for many teens to afford on their own. However, if you live in Edina, MN and are a teenager – or are raising one – you should really consider a policy. Thankfully, we at Central Lakes Insurance Brokers can help you find the right one for your needs.
Teenagers Should Consider Insurance Plans
While it is true that most teenagers will likely be healthy enough to avoid most types of medical procedures, there comes a time when many may need health coverage. For example, some teens may catch venereal diseases if they are sexually active or suffer from broken bones after a sports game.
These common health issues can be very frustrating or even dangerous if you don’t get medical help. And thankfully, medical insurance will cover treatment for these issues. And there are many ways that you can get these types of policies.
Most teenagers should qualify to be covered under their parent’s insurance plan. The highest age that you can be covered is typically 26 in most states, which means that you can avoid having to pay for an expensive policy. Pitch in to help your parent pay for theirs, though.
However, some teens can purchase policies such as student health plans if they go to college or may qualify for Medicaid if they don’t have a lot of money. The types of policies available will vary based on your state but can provide you with a variety of unique benefits and coverage choices.
Don’t Hesitate to Get Help
If you live near Edina, MN and want high-quality insurance for a teenager, please contact us at Central Lakes Insurance Brokers right away. We serve this city and the surrounding area and can provide you or your teenager with the policy that works best for your overall needs.
When it’s time to choose a health care plan, it’s best to know the basics. Health insurance covers medical expenses. Check with the independent insurance agents in Edina, MN at Central Lakes Insurance Brokers to help you with the details of health insurance.
Types of Health Insurance Coverage
Depending on your financial situation and what services you’ll need throughout the year, there are several different plans that you can choose from.
- Health Management Organizations (HMO) – an HMO is a managed care insurance policy. Generally, the premiums for HMO’s are lower than traditional plans. This organization has a network of providers located in your area where you will need to elect a primary care physician. A primary care physician will see you for your preventative care as well as give you a referral when you need to visit a specialist.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) – is another managed care plan that allows you a little more freedom when it comes to choosing your provider. The premiums are usually a bit higher as well as the cost for co-pays and deductibles, but it comes with the benefit of not having to choose a primary care physician and you can go to a specialist without prior authorization.
- Point of Service (POS) – offers details of both an HMO and a PPO plan. Like an HMO, the POS requires you to have a primary care doctor that is within the network. Like a PPO, the POS allows you to choose out-of-network providers at a higher cost.
Where Can Get Health Insurance
Stop by the Central Lakes Insurance Brokers office in Edina, MN for information regarding health insurance. Our agents will guide you on everything that you’ll need to get started with a policy. We can also help you with auto, home, and life insurance policies.