Is There A Time Period to Purchase Recreational Insurance?

Recreational insurance provides specialized coverage for recreational vehicles not provided by home or auto insurance policies. These are more than campers and motor homes. Central Lakes Insurance Brokers in Edina, MN covers:

  • All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
  • Dirt Bikes
  • Snowmobiles
  • Golf Carts
  • Scooters
  • Mopeds
  • Dune Buggies

Why Recreational Insurance Is Needed

Recreational insurance covers liabilities similar to other vehicle policies. For instance, it pays for damaged property or injuries to you or another party. Further, it can help repair your recreational vehicle due to an accident or vandalism or compensate you when it’s stolen.

What’s the Deadline to Obtain Recreational Insurance

Recreational insurance isn’t mandatory in Minnesota. However, the agents at Central Lakes Insurance Brokers recommended it for owners in Edina, MN. For this reason, it’s best to obtain a policy not long after you purchase the vehicle. You won’t be protected if you buy recreational insurance after an accident or injury.

How Much Does Recreational Insurance Cost?

The cost of a recreational insurance policy depends on a few factors. For example, the type of vehicle and its age. Premiums for a brand new dune buggy could be more than a 10-year-old moped.

Another factor is the amount of requested liability coverage. Although there’s a recommended minimum, you may want to increase the values depending on the frequency and where you’ll use the vehicle. How much you want to pay for deductibles also determines your cost. The higher your out-of-pocket payments, the lower your premiums.

In the end, don’t get on your ATV or snowmobile without first considering recreational insurance. Contact a company representative for additional information.